Hi there! I am Abhi- the “Guelph Maps Guy” -and I map things that matter.
I believe that ‘home’ is a habit and ‘belonging’ can be a practice. My maps will help you discover your community, forge new connections, craft new memories and cultivate a sense of belonging with the place you call home.
When COVID-19 started, I made a specific and explicit commitment to use my goofy hobbies (like making maps) to support small businesses and small communities everywhere, starting with Guelph – a place I’ve grown to call home since 2016.
This website hosts all the mapping projects I’ve undertaken under that commitment to my community (and beyond). Learn more about me or check out the maps I’ve made using the menu links above.
In the News:
- People in Waterloo region and Guelph start online groups to share resources amid COVID-19 spread (CBC News, March 17 2020)
- ‘Outpouring of intent to help’: New website connects Guelph organizations, volunteers during coronavirus outbreak (Guelph Mercury Tribune, March 18 2020)
- The Helpers | This week’s stories of local people stepping up in a pandemic (CBC-KW, March 27, 2020)
- New interactive map shows which restaurants in the Keweenaw are open during pandemic (WJMN -UP Matters, May 25, 2020)
- New Keweenaw restaurant map (Daily Mining Gazette, May 26, 2020)
- One man’s love of maps helps Guelph residents connect during pandemic (Guelph Today, Nov 11, 2020)
- The Christmas spirit is alive and well in Guelph (Guelph Today, Dec 14 2020)
- Maps of Guelph Homes with Christmas Lights is now live (Guelph Today, Dec 21, 2020)
- Guelph man maps out best holiday lights, organizes donations for food bank (CBC Morning Edition, Dec 23 2020)
- This map helps Guelph residents shop for essential goods locally (CTV Toronto, Jan 18, 2021)